The Allure Blog hasn’t been up for long, but in that short time I have met and had the opportunity to learn about so many amazing people.
I admit, there has been a lot more tone setting and tip sharing than real personality in my first handful of posts…
I interrupt my usual stream of content to better introduce myself and share a bit more about me!
Here are the first 10 random things about me that came to light when I opened the editor.
1. I’m just kinda wingin’ it. Seriously, if you haven’t caught on to this blog yet… I have no clue what I’m doing. Ok, that’s not entirely true. I’m leading you through my journey to figure this shit out.
2. I am a mental illness warrior. Throughout my teens and early twenties I was ashamed of this, and ignored my health. Neglect of myself and my truth lead to hospitalization, clarity and the beginning of a long road to recovery. I will open up more on the subject as time goes on.
3. Due to life with a young single father, having a much darker style as a teen, and working for over a decade in a male dominated industry, my experience with other women and femininity as a whole has been limited.
4. I planned half of a big fancy wedding and cancelled it. Yes, we’re still engaged and very much committed. It was just complete and utter insanity. So much pressure! My journey in life and our own wants and needs nagged us so loudly, we began to question the meaning and why we were doing it all. We are eloping, and the decision couldn’t feel more right.
5. I absolutely love my dog. He is my best friend, my confidante, my shadow and my protector. He came into my life at a time when I needed him most, and though he hasn’t been here long, I can’t picture a life without him now.
6. I grew up in Vancouver, BC. A big congested city. I’m 2015, my fiance and I moved into the interior to settle down. I feel so much more content here, but life is very different. The entire pace of life is slowed down. We also live a little inconventionally. We’re off the last exit out of town, heated by a wood burning fireplace… that we usually gather ourselves.
7. I love the outdoors. I love running, hiking, mountain biking. Sitting on the lake with a rod out, floating on the lake with a book. Back home I would compete in trail races (up to 21KM) and have been longing to get back on the course lately. Nature calms me. When I am overwhelmed with life, I go to nature. The sights, sounds and smells bring a sense of inner peace and connection to the energy of the world like no other.
8. I have a long history of blogging and web design. Blogging has always been a passion of mine. It started when I was a preteen and my Dad was in school for a developer’ degree. I would read his textbooks for fun! I taught myself basic html, and would build simple sites and blog about whatever random things teenagers talk about. I had dozens of sites, on and off for years. A few years ago I went back to school and learned proper web development and SEO skills. I also really enjoy connecting with other bloggers.
9. I’ve kind of always wanted to be a YouTuber.. . But I’m super shy and introverted. My Dad has always joked about the way I tell a story and even considered voice acting for me at one point as a teenager… but you know, shy. I may or may not be guilty of acting out my own cooking shows and laughing aloud through my failed attempts at makeup and nail art. Who knows… maybe you’ll see me grow some lady balls soon.
10. I am in the middle of one of the biggest “Who am I?” moments of my life. I did similar jobs in the same stressful industry for 10+ years. Each day of my life was dedicated to making sure everyone elses’ day went smoothly. After so many years of ignoring my own needs, I became an entirely different person. A darker, clouded version of myself emerged after habitually suppressing my own light. My body and mind began to fight back and eventually shut down. At this moment in my life I have never felt more free, yet overwhelmed with the process of reshaping myself from the ground up. Seriously, who am I, and what am I going to do with this life?
I did not make, nor do I own the rights to any animated gifs used for fun in this post. All have been gathered from Tumblr over the years. If you are the owner of any content and would like credit feel free to contact me.